This cemetery is located 1.5 miles west of the town of Unadilla. It is 0.1 mile east of the intersection of Nebraska Hwy 2 & 'G' road on the north side of the road.
"The Unadilla Cemetery was established in 1872 when the minister of the Christian Church, Rev. J.B. Johnson, lost a son, Forrest, in a drowning accident. The cemetery consists of three sections:
1. Original cemetery - Located between the two driveways.
2. First addition - Located from the east driveway to the fence.
3. Second addition - Located west to the fence from the west driveway.
Prairie fires destroyed most of the old tombstones, which were crafted in wood. In 1929, several records books were also destroyed in a fire."(1)
Burial Listing: A complete listing of burials can be found in the Members Only Section.
Point of Contact:
Unadilla Cemetery Association
P.O. Box 205
Unadilla, NE 68454-0205
Donations: The Unadilla Cemetery Association is a tax-exempt society under section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code, and all donations made by contributors to the society are tax-deductible. Donations help augment the association's normal operating funds which are used to maintain the cemetery's fence, building, and grounds.
(1) Wilhelm, Barbara. "History of Unadilla Cemetery." (2008). Print.
View Larger Map