Mount Zion Cemetery
This cemetery is located 2.0 miles north and 3.0 miles west of the town of Douglas, Nebraska, on the NW corner of the intersection of 2nd and 'L' roads.
*Note: Most of the area roads surrounding this cemetery are out of order. The best route to take to get to the cemetery is to take S. 176th Street (in Lancaster County) until you reach Hickman Road, then drive east on Hickman Road until it turns into 'L' Road at the Otoe County line. The cemetery is 2.0 miles east of the intersection of 176th Street and Hickman Road.
The Mount Zion Cemetery was established in on June 18th, 1895 by the United Brethren Church, located 1.0 mile to the north of the cemetery. The church ultimately disbanded and the cemetery was abandoned in 1929.
A complete listing of burials has been compiled by the Otoe County Genealogical Society, and can be found in our 'Otoe County Cemeteries'
CD-ROM, which is available for purchase on our Publications
View Larger Map