St. Martin's Catholic Cemetery
This cemetery is located 0.5 mile south of the town of Douglas, Nebraska on State Hywy Spur 66A, on the south side of Rosehill Cemetery.
"St. Martin Catholic Cemetery consists of two acres was purchased in the 1860’s by Michael Shea from John Matthews. Mr. Shea went to the bank and borrowed $150.00 which paid for the land. He then collected that amount by subscription and returned the money to the bank. After a few months the parishioners came together, mowed the prairie grass and erected a fence around the new cemetery. Since then it has been well kept, and is a credit to the Catholic people of Douglas. Later on another fence replaced the former one. The Catholic cemetery is located south of Douglas, on the south side of Rosehill Cemetery." (1)
Burial Listing:A complete listing of burials can be found in the Members Only Section.
Gravestone Photographs: http://www.findagrave.com
Point of Contact:
St. Martin's Catholic Church
125 West 3rd Street
Douglas, NE 68344
(1) Barak, Christopher. "History of St. Martin's Catholic Cemetery." (2009). Print.
View Larger Map